Customer Expectations in Banking
With today’s technology, information is available at the speed of light at people’s fingertips, making nearly everyone expect more. Banking customers expect immediacy and efficiency with a touch of personalization in their financial services.
Whitney Besser | July 13, 2017
The Evolution of Banking
Banks are one of the oldest, and most important businesses of our industries. Banks have two important economic functions, the first being financial intermediation.
Yvonne Kwan | July 05, 2017
Financial Data Security
According to Info Security Magazine, “About 83% of consumers believe their banks are secure from cyber attack and trust it with their money and most sensitive data too.”
Whitney Besser | June 29, 2017
Peer-to-Peer Lending Vs. Bank Lending
Do you need to borrow money? Traditionally, people have turned to their local bank to take out a loan for a range of commodities like a house, car, or even a luxury vacation.
Whitney Besser | June 14, 2017
Zikher’s Usability Study
A usability study was conducted to test customer satisfaction derived from the use of digital lending platforms, particularly Zikher’s platform.
Whitney Besser | June 24, 2017
Advantages of Mobility in Banking
Advantages of Mobility in Banking include: Customers can perform transactions securely on mobile and web apps, and multiple security checks are in place.
Yvonne Kwan | May 10, 2017
Steps of the Loan Process Explained for Millennials
As millennials are establishing their place in the economy, more are borrowing money to purchase cars, houses, etc.
Whitney Besser | May 3, 2017
Why Collaboration Between Banks and Fintech is the Right Step Forward
A few years back, it was predicted that fintech would make banks slowly disappear. Industry professionals predicted that 40% of revenues and 60% of retail bank profits were threatened by fintech rivals.
Yvonne Kwan | April 26, 2017
How Changing Consumer Needs Are Shaping Financial Services
Technological innovation led by fintech companies is shaping consumer expectations and demands in the financial industry.
Whitney Besser | April 05, 2017
Community Banks & Their Benefits
Community banks are a solution for people who are looking for full banking services in their suburbs or towns. Legally speaking, community banks keep it simple.
Whitney Besser | March 16, 2017
Zikher Will Participate in Queen City FinTech Accelerator!
Zikher Will Participate in Queen City FinTech Accelerator! Zikher is excited to announce its participation in Queen City FinTech among a class of financial technology startups!
Whitney Besser & Yvonne Kwan | March 14, 2017
Millennials vs. Traditional Banking
Millennials are looking for banks that will give them that personal touch of banking and will judge banks based on their digital capabilities.
Jessican Huynh | March 01, 2017
Financial technology Small banking fintech banking industry Dodd-Frank Act Dodd-Frank Repeal Pros & Cons: Repeal of The Dodd-Frank Act
The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010 is a financial reform legislation passed by the Obama administration to decrease risks in the country’s financial system, in response to the financial crisis of 2008.
Yvonne Kwan | February 22, 2017
Creating a Bank of the Future
The financial services industry has been impacted by the increased use of technology in our everyday lives, from smartphones to even wearables.
Jessica Huynh | February 08, 2017
Blockchain in Banking
Everyone is talking about the new technology in the fintech industry, blockchain. Banks are competing to harness its power, believing that it can cut costs and transform the industry.
Yvonne Kwan | February 04, 2017
Oligarchies of Banking Technology
About 96% of today’s market is controlled by only four core banking vendors: FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry, and D+H. The remaining 4% of the market is comprised of small, niche, and foreign vendors.
Whitney Besser | January 26, 2017
Banking Industry Under the New Presidency
With President- elect Donald Trump soon to be in the office, many are wondering how the banking industry will be affected by his presidency.
Jessica Huynh | January 18, 2017
Current status of the mortgage and loan industry in America.
Change and evolution has occurred in the mortgage and loan industry due to consumers changing their perceptions on investing and borrowing.
Megan Gospe| November 29, 2016
Challenges of the Small Banking Industry in the 21st Century
Evidently there is an evolving small banking industry in the 21st century due to regulatory pressure and increased competition with fintech companies.
Megan Gospe | November 22, 2016
Corporate banking and the challenges of technological innovations for the small banking industry
Throughout the years it has become more evident that small banks must catch up to current technological innovations.